Presence St Joseph Chicago Location Address:
2900 North Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60657 United States (US)Daily Hours:
Full-time Employment Type:
The Anesthesia Aide coordinates and assembles appropriate instrumentation, supplies, and equipment after proper cleaning and disinfecting. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Soaks, cleans, and/or rinses anesthesia instruments/equipment according to Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and manufacturer recommendations or sends anesthesia instruments/equipment to Sterile Processing department for sterilization.
- Performs light maintenance to anesthesia instruments and equipment according to policy guidelines.
- Uses high pressure air to clean small lumen instruments and a pipe cleaner to clear lumen.
- Ensures departmental supplies are adequately stocked and prepares orders for new supplies. Receives and restocks supplies.
- Performs computer data entry, including order entry, order labs, operating room charges, additional registration input, admissions and discharge information.
- Examines equipment to detect broken, worn or loose parts, or other indications of disrepair. Removes broken instruments/equipment and sends out for repair and/or replacement.
- Cleans and dusts work area, including nurse's station and bathroom in the patient care area. Visually inspects area upon completion of cleaning to ensure appropriate levels of cleanliness and neatness have been achieved.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned. QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Previous experience in anesthesia support preferred. Computer Skills
Knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certification in Central Sterilization (CCS) certification preferred.
Business Unit: Presence St Joseph Hsp ChicagoCOMPANY OVERVIEW:
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability