- Any combination totaling two years from the following categories:
- progressively more responsible work experience in IT-related profession
- college course work in Information Technology (IT), IT Management, or a closely related discipline, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
- 60 semester hours or Associate’s Degree equals one year
- 90-120 semester hours or Bachelor’s Degree equals two years
- Demonstrated UNIX/Linux Administrator experience with RedHat Linux, HP-UX, IBM AIX, experience with enterprise level backup and recovery. Experience with UNIX shell programming and Perl, LAN & SAN connectivity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related study preferred.
- A minimum of two years’ experience as a UNIX/Linux Administrator, experience with RedHat Linux, HP-UX, IBM AIX, experience with enterprise level backup and recovery.
- Experience with UNIX shell programming and Perl, LAN & SAN connectivity & troubleshooting.
- Attention to detail, excellent written and verbal skills required. Ability to perform most security audits.
- Strong analytical skills, knowledge of software programming and development, administration and implementation; knowledge of data management software.
To Apply: For fullest consideration, please complete an online application by clicking the Apply for Position button below.
Please fully complete the civil service online application including your full work history with specific details of your knowledge and expereince.
Please upload all valid certifications and transcripts within the document section of your online application. Documentation of high school completion (official transcripts, copy of diploma or GED certificate) is required in order to be eligible for this position within the University of Illinois Hospital and Health Sciences System.
All civil service positions require an exam. The exam for this position is a Credentials Assessment. You will not be required to report in person for this exam.
Credential Assessment Exam Scoring Information:
You will not be required to report in person for this exam. The updated online application and all uploaded, relevant documents, such as a resume and/or college transcript will be used in the calculation of the exam score. These documents should be uploaded prior to the position close date.
When completing your online application, please be sure to provide your full work history with detailed information about your job knowledge and specific duties and responsibilities, as your qualifications for any Civil Service position will be primarily determined based on what is contained in the application. Dates of employment and if employed on a full or part time basis (including number of hours per week) must be indicated for each position held. Additional consideration will be given to supporting documentation i.e. resume, transcripts, licenses, and certifications so please be sure to attach all applicable documents.
If a degree or college coursework is required, you must provide official transcripts.
Transcripts/Licenses/Certifications MUST be uploaded electronically to your online application through the "Documents" page on the Civil Service Employment Application (page 4). Be sure to select the appropriate document type before uploading the document.
If your educational institution provides electronic transcripts, please have them sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
If your educational institution doesn’t provide electronic transcripts, they must mail the transcripts to:
University of Illinois at Chicago
Recruitment and Staffing
Human Resources Building Room 109
715 S. Wood Street M/C 862
Chicago IL 60612
Attn: HB2097 IT Tech Associate (Unix/Linux Systems Admin)
If an application and all applicable forms, transcripts, and supporting documents are not submitted by the close date, the applicant/employee will not be considered for this position and will be denied.
For fullest consideration, the above mentioned requirements must be submitted no later than Friday March 9, 2018
We appreciate your interest in employment at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
The University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position requires Illinois residency within 180 days of the hire date.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Please apply at the link below