Presence Mercy Medical Center Location Address:
1315 North Highland, Aurora, IL 60506 United States (US)Daily Hours:
Full-time Employment Type:
The Case Manager Social Work assesses the patient's psychosocial functioning as related to their family background and environment, including history of drug/alcohol abuse. The Case Manager will participate in the formulation of a treatment plan, carry out treatment in cooperation with the attending physician/psychiatrist and other hospital staff, provide family therapy service, develop and implement the discharge plan under the direction of the psychiatrist, provide in-service to other staff and may supervise students, demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit. The Case Manager must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span, possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her needs, and provide the care needed as described in the units/areas/department's policies and procedures.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicates information to the Multidiciplinary team which provides direction for treatment.
- Completes psychosocial histories on each patient through patient and family interview, which provides data for treatment planning.
- Social histories are completed within time frames required by hospital policy, regulatory agencies and the Illinois Mental Health Code.
- Shows proficiency in understanding child, adolescent, adult, and/or geriatric psychiatric theory and DSM IV diagnoses (depending upon their assignment) as evidenced by the content of the psychosocial assessment.
- Shows proficiency in understanding clincial issues unique to the child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient (depending upon their assignment).
- Evaluates the patient and family for disposition upon discharge.
- Collaborates with the Multidisciplinary team to develop a comprehensive treatment plan.
- Establishes goals and objectives for treatment based on assessment data contained in the psychosocial assessment.
- Documents social service interventions related to patient's identified needs.
- Conveys information to the treatment team which will determine treatment interventions.
- Interventions which reflect understanding of adult/geriatric psychiatric theory and DSM IV diagnoses.
- Interventions which reflect understanding of behaviors specific to the child/adolescent patient.
- Initiates discharge planning based on patient and family strengths and weaknesses identified in the psychosocial assessment.
- Utilizes the continuum of care to meet the patient's discharge planning needs.
- Discharge planning reflects an understanding of special needs for aftercare (PHP, IOP, OP, residential placement, nursing home, community connection).
- Provides direct care through group therapy and individual therapy.
- Conducts group therapy focusing on issues unique to the child/adolescent/adult/geriatric psychiatric patient (depending upon their assignment), the specific age group and the diagnoses represented in the group.
- Utilizes group interventions and techniques which maximizes the patient's benefits in group.
- Conducts 1:1 groups which are focused on carrying out the goals of the treatment plan.
- Conducts family therapy as needed to provide support, therapy and direction for the patient and family.
- Provides the patient and family with information needed about the illness, medication compliance and support available after discharge.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Master's Degree in Counseling/Social Work; Experience in group and individual therapies strongly preferred; One year postgraduate experience desirable; One year of field work placement experience in psychiatric setting is desirable.
Basic computer skills
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
LPC or LSW required; LCPC or LCSW preferred; CPR certification within 30 days of hire.
Business Unit: Presence Mercy Medical CenterCOMPANY OVERVIEW:
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability