Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland's Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland's Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills' Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company:The OSI Group
is a premier food processing partner to leading brands across the globe with over 60 operations in 17 countries. Our worldwide operations create and manufacture custom meat, poultry, pizza, and other products for our customers. At OSI you can expect a challenging work environment and opportunity for advancement. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401k, profit sharing, paid vacation, paid holidays, company paid life, AD&D, STD and LTD, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program and more.
ABOUT THIS JOB
Responsible for operating Armor Inox equipment in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. Insuring optimal throughput of quality product and safety.
- Incumbent will setup assigned equipment each day according to supervisory expectation as directed through the posted production schedule and as required based on varying product specifications.
- Calibrate complete system to time, temperature and position of equipment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks focused on coordination with production, quality, refrigeration, maintenance and sanitation teams is critical.
- Monitor equipment operations by recording quality pertinent data and interpreting critical process performance matrices to troubleshoot and resolve fault errors and malfunctions. Incumbent will notify supervision and the maintenance/engineering staff when significant issues occur.
- Work with the operations staff to establish best practices and align with maintenance to implement preventative maintenance programs.
- Perform general housekeeping duties in production area; maintain a clean and safe work area in compliance with existing policy.
- Comply with organizational policies including, but not limited to, safety, good manufacturing practices, food safety, and employment work rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned JOB REQUIREMENTS
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
- Desire to problem solve in a highly autonomous environment is a must.
- 0 - 2 years of similar work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal instructions.
- Basic understanding of units of measure.
- Ability to read, understand and follow written specifications, blueprints or schematics.
- Incumbent to possess a general understanding pneumatic equipment.
- Ability to work 12hrs per day via a 3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off schedule in temperatures just above freezing.