Bridgewell Mission: 'Connecting People with Possibilities'
Inspired by the values of caring and respect, together we guide individuals with disabilities and other challenges to achieve and enjoy their highest quality of life and personal growth. Summary:
The Per Diem Direct Support Professional will provide direct support services to cover vacations, sick time, and staff position vacancies at residential sites. Coverage includes support and assistance to individuals with developmental and psychiatric disabilities with all activities of daily living. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support and assist individuals with all activities of daily living.
- Create opportunities and provide support to individuals in making decisions to develop their skills and foster independence.
- Provide services to individuals according to DDS, CARF and all applicable regulatory standards, and Bridgewell policies and procedures.
- Provide support and assist individuals with all medical, clinical and financial needs.
- Transport individuals as needed to and from medical, recreational and other activities outside the program.
- Maintain required documentation according to DDS and all applicable regulatory standards.
- Assist the individuals with accessing resources and recreational opportunities in the community.
- Administer medications according to MAP regulations, as applicable.
- Maintain core training certifications including CPR/FA, OSHA, CPI, Driver Safety, and MAP.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working with people with developmental or psychiatric disabilities preferred.
- Bachelor"s degree in related field preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Valid driver"s license and one year of driving experience.
- Basic computer skills.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is frequently required to climb stairs.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- The employee must be able to drive a vehicle.
- Must have a normal range of eyesight with or without corrective lenses.
- Must have a normal range of hearing with or without corrective equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Requires acceptable CORI according to Bridgewell policy
Bridgwell is an EOE/m/f/vets/disabled