Bring your customer service/communication skills and your medical billing/collections experience to the Patient Advocate Representative position with LifeWatch! In this call center role, you will be responsible for assisting patients with all correspondence, including care, billing, reimbursements, and sales. LifeWatch offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, great location just off the Metra and CTA Blue Line, and training and development programs just for you!
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland's Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland's Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills' Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers. Hiring Company: LifeWatch
Since 1993, LifeWatch
has provided healthcare providers with comprehensive remote cardiac monitoring diagnostic services that allow timely access to patient arrhythmia data and facilitate better collaboration and earlier intervention of health events. LifeWatch services can interface with EMR systems to facilitate the exchange of patient data and help improve remote monitoring management. LifeWatch is Joint Commission accredited and has maintained 95% patient satisfaction for its services.
Our three 24/7 monitoring centers provide timely delivery of diagnostic reports during and following a patients monitoring session. LifeWatch is at the forefront of remote cardiac monitoring technologies and services for the detection of Atrial Fibrillation (AFIB), and other heart rhythm disorders. Job Summary
The Patient Advocate will have oversight of a growing entity's internal operation relating to all aspects of patient correspondence and patient concerns related to billing and reimbursement. The position includes but is not limited to interaction with all Departments that serve patient care, billing, collections, customer service, sales, and management. The patient advocate position reviews and upholds the patient advocate program through a broad range of oversight initiatives including but not limited to patient complaint and resolution, field/sales representative issues, patient correspondence, and all other patient concerns related to billing and reimbursement. The patient advocate will act as a liaison for client issue resolution and problem solving. *Hours for this position may vary. Responsibilities
- Answer incoming calls regarding statements and billing questions.
- Work the self-pay payer.
- Respond to patient complaints.
- Provide effective customer service for all patients, doctors, and internal departmental employees.
- Ensure timely follow up on patient requests for accounts to be reviewed.
- Work with the outsourcing company to resolve patient accounts (transitional), report issues and deficiencies to the appropriate party pro-actively and positively such that a plan of corrective action may be imposed.
- Decrease the amount of complaints we receive from patients due to lack of response and increasing our customer service and quality assurance with our clients and customers.
- Resolve daily patient issues from sales reps regarding patient billing and patient statement requests.
- Analyze and identify trends and patterns related to common patient complaints.
- Communicate with account manager's/sales reps to increase working relationship between clients and patients.
- Meet daily and monthly goals as assigned by the patient advocate supervisor.
- Other duties as they are assigned by the patient advocate supervisor.
- Follow all policies, procedures and processes.
- High School Diploma
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
: 10255 West Higgins Road, Rosemont, IL 60018 Employment
: Full-time, permanent Schedule
: Monday-Friday, 9 AM-5:30 PM