Description Medical Assistant - NorthShore University Health System
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a comprehensive, fully integrated, healthcare delivery system that serves the greater North Shore and Illinois communities. NorthShore is committed to earning the loyalty of those who come to us for care and those who play a role in providing that care. Service Values which include: Exceptional Customer Service, Supportive Workplace Interactions and Professional Work Ethic, define the behaviors that each employee demonstrates with co-workers, patients and families, physicians, and visitors.
To learn about the many benefits to working at NorthShore, which include a supportive work environment that promotes professional and career development, recognition of our staff for providing excellent service and a competitive benefits package, please visit www.northshore.org/careers
NorthShore University HealthSystem is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Religion/Sex/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.Position Overview
We are currently seeking Medical Assistants for our Medical Group offices in Chicago's near north suburbs. This is a full-time position and is benefits eligible. Hours will be scheduled Monday through Friday with rotating shifts and weekends.Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Greet patients and escort them to exam room
- Document vital signs, allergies, medications and reason for office visit
- Provide front office support as needed
Our ideal candidate will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Graduate of an accredited medical assisting program is preferred
- CPR certification required
- One year of related experience required; previous experience working in a medical office is preferred