Collections Account Representative
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland's Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland's Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills' Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
About the Hiring Company
Harris and Harris is an accounts receivable management organization with over 45 years of experience. At Harris and Harris, the mission is to provide outstanding accounts receivable services with the understanding that our reputation, and that of our clients', is more important than collecting any one account.
Chicago, IL (Loop) - It is accessible by public transportation in the area.
• Contact delinquent account holders from across the country by telephone and request payment of the outstanding balance in full
• Create alternative payment plans for the delinquent account holder, if they cannot pay the outstanding balance in full; negotiate to the best resolution for the client and company
• Process payments using check by phone, credit/debit cards, or Western Union
• Make an average of 200 outbound calls a day
• Follow up with account holders on established payment plans
• Document all collection activities
• Recommend what further action should be taken for account holders who default on their payment plans
• Treat each account holder with respect and professionalism
Must be able to work 4 days a week from 8:00am-5:00pm and 1 late night from 11:00-8:00pm or 12:00-9:00pm. Also must be able to work 2 Saturdays a month from 8:00-12:00pm.
$12-$13/hr. + Uncapped Commission ($1,000-$1,500)
• Minimum 2 - 3 years of customer service experience; preferably in a call center environment
• At least 2 years of 3rd party collections experience
• Trained in FDCPA and/or HIPPA (for healthcare only)
• Must be able to work full-time with a minimum of 1 late night per week and 2 Saturdays per month
• Utilize good problem solving skills
• Able to maintain composure on difficult calls and recognize the need to escalate the call to a supervisor immediately
• Understand the importance of attention to detail
• Must possess high quality customer service skills
• Must have a professional and ethical communication style
• Must be personally motivated and goal-driven
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Must have intermediate computer skills and knowledge
• Ability to toggle between multiple computer systems and screens while speaking with customers.
• Experience with CUBS (Columbia Ultimate Business Systems) is a plus!
• Professional bilingual skills preferred (Fluent in English and 1 other language)
"skills for chicagoland's future" skills for chicagoland's future
|Skills for Chicagoland's Future
| Location: Chicago, IL 60601
| Document ID: AB052-4UUH
| Posted on: ||2018-01-1701/17/2018