Put your culinary skills on display at America's Dog's newest location at the Thompson Center in Chicago. America's Dog is a family owned and operated restaurant with various locations across the Chicagoland area. About Skills for Chicagoland's Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland's Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland's Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills' Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company. Hiring Company America's Dog
is a Chicago family business, three generations of family owned and operating restaurants around town. America's Dog serves a consistent product made from higher quality ingredients in a clean, fresh cool space that celebrates America's passion (and the family's) for the Great American Road Trip! With 5 locations in Chicago and growing, including the most recent location that opened in December at O'Hare Airport (United Terminal 1 Concourse C) we hope you can stop in for some of Chicago's best! Position Description
major responsibility of preparing the food, helping with the preparation of food items, and setting up allocated stations for menu items. This is all done under the direction of the manager and compliant with restaurant standards.
Throughout all operations, the Cook is expected to maintain the uppermost hygienic standards, specially while preparing, arranging, and breaking down the food stations. Role Responsibilities
- Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
- Cook and package batches of food, such as hot dogs, hamburgers and chicken, which are prepared to order or kept warm until sold.
- Cook the exact number of items ordered by each customer, working on several different orders simultaneously.
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Measure ingredients required for specific food items being prepared.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles.
- Pre-cook items such as bacon, in order to prepare them for later use.
- Prepare specialty foods following specific methods that usually require short preparation time.
- Read food order slips or receive verbal instructions as to food required by patron, and prepare and cook food according to instructions.
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking.
- Clean, stock, and restock workstations and display cases.
- Open Availability, able to work any/all shifts from open to close
- Ability to commute to the Thompson Center
- Some cooking experience preferred
The Cook will work at the newest America's Dog location at the Thompson Center in Chicago. The Thompson Center is located in the heart of the Loop, 100 W. Randolph Street. Orange, Green, Blue, Pink, Purple, and Brown line CTA trains stop in or around the Thompson Center. Schedule
- Monday through Friday: 5am-12pm, 10am-4pm, 3pm-11pm
- Hours: 40 hrs/week
Compensation and benefits commensurate with experience.