Default Resolution Specialist
The Default Resolution Specialist role is one that requires drive and a self-starter personality! This position is an excellent entry level role that leads toward an excellent career opportunity with a company that has 85% of it's management team pulled directly from their entry level roles. You are in the driver's seat of your career in this role!
About Skills for Chicagoland's Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland's Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland's Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills' Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring company: Confidential
Employer is a student loan financial servicer located in Buffalo Grove, that counsel student borrowers at every step of the repayment process! They are a leader in the industry and have been providing outstanding customer service since 2004. With over 1000 employees they are tackling the student loan debt crisis in America one call at a time.
Default Resolution Specialists (DRS) are responsible for locating and notifying student borrowers of their defaulted student loans primarily through mail and telephone in order to resolve their obligations using various Government programs.
Location : Buffalo Grove, IL
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K package
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm || Two (2) evening shifts per week 12pm-9pm
• Contact borrowers by telephone to negotiate payment in full or best qualifying program to resolve delinquent accounts with the U.S Department of Education contract.
• Locate and notify borrowers of delinquent student loan accounts by mail or telephone.
• Record and update account activity including borrowers' financial status, demographics, and collection efforts associated with resolving their accounts.
• Perform various administrative functions for assigned accounts including the recording of address changes and purging of deceased borrower records.
• Able to interact and communicate effectively with borrowers and 3rd parties in a professional manner.
• Able to solve complex problems and provide solutions in communicating with borrowers.
• Able to work independently and handle multiple tasks while maintaining personal work standards.
• Able to work in a team environment.
Experience and Education:
Associates degree and one (1) year of experience required.
Candidate may substitute two (2) years of relevant experience either in 3rd party account receivables, sales or customer service in a call center environment.
Salary and Benefit Information
• 4 weeks of paid training
• Monthly uncapped bonus incentives-Hourly Set Pay Rate
• Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance
• Leadership program to develop and strengthen your career
• Open, fun and flexible working environment
• Hands-on management facilitates success
• Personal satisfaction of making a measurable difference in a student's financial life.
• Highest retention rate in our industry
• 85% of our management staff were promoted from within the company
"skills for chicagoland's future" skills for chicagoland's future
|Skills for Chicagoland's Future
| Location: Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
| Document ID: AB052-4UTH
| Posted on: ||2018-01-1601/16/2018