Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland's Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland's Future as one of your job search sources? Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills' Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers. About Sinai Health System
Located on the West and Southwest sides of Chicago, Sinai Health System is comprised of Mount Sinai Hospital, Holy Cross Hospital, Sinai Children's Hospital, Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital, Sinai Medical Group, Sinai Community Institute and Sinai Urban Health Institute.
The member institutions of Sinai Health System collectively deliver a full range of high-quality outpatient and inpatient services, as well as a large number of innovative community-based health, research, and social service programs. We focus our collective depth of expertise and passion to improve the health of the 1.5 million people who live in our diverse service area. Sinai Health System, with our team of dedicated caregivers, is uniquely committed to building stronger, healthier communities. Hiring Company :
Sinai Health System Location:
Chicago, IL. GENERAL SUMMARY/BASIC PURPOSE OF JOB: The Patient Care Technician (PCT )
performs a variety of functions in the clinical setting. The PCT provides direct patient care, performs phlebotomy and EKG's. The PCT collaborates with and works under the direction of the registered nurse to provide appropriate and safe patient care. The PCT utilizes the Hospital information system to order diagnostic tests and therapies and obtain patient information and test results. The PCT supports Mission, Vision and Values of the hospital. Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the RN, assists in delegated aspects of the assessment, planning and implementation and evaluation of patient care consistent with the patients age, and developmental level in these specific areas: Adolescents (16-20 years), Adult (21-64 years) and Geriatrics (65 and older)
- Performs phlebotomy procedures and specimen collections. Properly collects and labels specimens and safely transports specimens to the lab. Correct identification of the patient is done.
- Performs patient hygiene including: bathing, oral care, linen changes, assistance with elimination needs, catheter insertion and care, continuous bladder irrigation, ostomy care, and cleaning enemas.
- Has knowledge of nutritional requirements and care of patients. Includes meal set-up, assistance in feeding patients, dietary restrictions, tube feeding (J-tubes and G-tubes). Measures and documents patient intake and output of elimination and drainage.
- Makes frequent rounds on assigned patients to provide necessary care and maintain safety.
- Conducts oneself in a manner, which promotes positive relations with patients, families and visitors while interacting in an appropriate manner with compassion and acceptance of language and cultural diversity
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Graduate of an accredited Certified Nursing Assistant program MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
One-year clinical experience
Experience with conducting blood draws.
Experience working in Behavioral health unit REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Illinois State Nurses Assistant Certification.
Current certification in Basic Life Support: Health Care Providers, Level C.
EKG training / certificate preferred
Phlebotomy certificate preferred