'Connecting People with Possibilities'
Inspired by the values of caring and respect, together we guide individuals with disabilities and other challenges to achieve and enjoy their highest quality of life and personal growth. Summary:
As a Behavioral Support Provider you will provide support and assist individuals with all activities of daily living, including assistance with medical and clinical needs; transport individuals as needed to and from medical, recreational and other activities outside the program; and maintain daily and monthly progress notes according to Department of Development Services (DDS) and all regulatory standards. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create opportunities and provide support to individuals in making decisions to develop their skills and foster independence.
- Assist the individuals with accessing resources and recreational opportunities in the community.
- Develop positive relationships with guardians, family members, and providers.
- Counsel, coach and teach coping skills.
- Provide support and assist individuals with all activities of daily living.
- Provide services to individuals according to DDS, CARF and all applicable regulatory standards, and Bridgewell policies and procedures.
- Provide support and assist individuals with all medical, clinical and financial needs.
- Transport individuals as needed to and from medical, recreational and other activities outside the program.
- Maintain required documentation according to DDS and all applicable regulatory standards.
- Administer medications according to MAP regulations, as applicable.
- Maintain core training certifications including CPR/FA, OSHA, CPI, MAP, PAC, and Driver Safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA preferred in psychology, social work or related field.
- Must have at least a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to function as part of a treatment team and have good crisis management skills.
- Certified in First Aid, CPR, MAP, CPI and PAC, and participate in both initial and on-going DBT training.
- Must have a driver"s license for at least one year with a good driving record history.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Valid driver"s license and one year of driving experience.
- Basic computer skills.
- Requires acceptable results of CORI check according to Bridgewell policy.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is frequently required to climb stairs.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- The employee must be able to drive a vehicle.
- Must have a normal range of eyesight with or without corrective lenses.
- Must have a normal range of hearing with or without corrective equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Bridgewell is an EOE/M/F/Vets/Disabled.